Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Monday, February 18, 2013

The News

I was going to wait until the mini event itself was right on top of us before I said anything but since it's sort of out of the bag now...

If you don't already check in over at Joyfully Jay, you really should.  She puts up honest reviews about books (m/m mostly) and she has never once steered me wrong.  If the reviewers there give a book a good review, it's a good book.  Anyway, over at Joyfully Jay, they are doing a theme week.  Jock Week.  It's one week away.  That link will take you to a post she put up about the upcoming event.  If you read along, in the Guest Post section, she mentions a reader that will have a contributing guest post as well.  I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this.  Yes,  that Kris she mentioned is yours truly.  I am contributing a post about why jock's make great heroes.

I've gotta say, I'm a bit nervous.  OK, a lot.  And I almost didn't do it.  But, a little over a month ago, when Jay put up a post about Jock Week and said that she was looking for reader contributions, my muse started writing in my head.  And suddenly, I had all these reasons why jocks make awesome MCs and so I wrote it and asked Jay if she wanted it and...yeah.  Then I couldn't undo it.

Needless to say, I'm completely excited but also utterly terrified.  It's not the writing itself.  OK, it is a bit because what if everyone thinks it's awful?  But no, really, it's the putting myself out there.  That is terrifying. And yes, I know.  Its the web and it's anonymous.  But yeah, it's still outside of my comfort zone.

Anyway, I'll link to it when its coming up, in case you want to check it out.  

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Good for you!!

    I do look at Joyfully Jay and had seen that Jock Week was coming, but I'll make extra sure not to miss it now. If it was me I'd be nervous too, so I can appreciate how brave it is of you to take this step. I'm looking forward to reading your post over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Alder! That means so very much to me. I really appreciate your support. The more I think about it, the more nervous I get. But it's out of my hands now and I like to think it's the universe's way of saying that little bit of me needs to be out there, for some reason.

      Delete