Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Wake me up

I woke up slowly this morning. Having stayed up way too late reading, I came back to conscious  grudgingly. The thought that got me out of bed this morning was not "I gotta pee" (though I did) or that I was hungry (though I was).  No, it was: only eight rows left, then a bit if ribbing, then it's only 34 rows for the mitten flap, and the thumb takes minutes. That was the thought that got me moving. 

I did get some peanut butter toast to eat and coffee was essential. But now I'm ready to finish that mitt, get it done and move on. I want to be done!

I also noticed a curious thing recently. When watching a movie or TV, my eye is always drawn to the knitwear. Like, sometimes I'm staring so hard at the hat or scarf or mittens that I forget to pay attention to what's actually going on in the scene. I've been known, if I'm alone, to pause a movie and examine a piece of knitwear. Very rarely do you see something that's crocheted, which is sad to me because the plethora of stitches alone far surpasses...but I digress. At any rate, knitwear attracts me like moth to a flame. I sort of think that's weird but I'm also ok with it. 

So I'm gonna find something to watch, hopefully with not a lot of distracting knitwear, and get my yarn on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment