Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Heh

Gave Toby his mitts.  He said thank you about eleventy billion times.  He played with them as if they were a new toy: putting the flap over his fingers, then snapping his hands out so the mitt would fly off while making "ninja" noises.  It was terribly amusing.  He is well pleased and so am I.

Sis is demanding I work on her blanket.  I know I should but I kind of don't want to.  I don't know when or if I'm ever going to get the yarn that I ordered.  And it's making me feel very meh about the project as a hole.  Plus, remember how I said it's fucking eight feet long?!  Yeah, it's boring.  Same stitch over and over and over..ad nauseam.  Boooooooring!  Right now, there's not enough TV in the world to keep me occupied while doing it.  She'll just have to wait.

I was going to work on new blanket today.  But I'm having some reservations.  And not just about the whole color work deal.  I didn't think about having to pick up stitches along the edges of squares while I was working.  Somehow, in my mad rush to step outside my comfort zone, I forgot that that particular technique is something I avoid because I hate doing it.  I'm not good at it.  OK.  So, really, I just need to practice.  And doing this will give me plenty of practice but...

And also? Ever since I decided that this was what I was going to do, I've thought of at least three other things to make with the yarn.  And they all seem awesome.  And I want to do them all.  I just don't know.  As I sit here and look at all these colors that shouldn't go together and yet some how do...I just don't know.  

But it's the weekend and Toby likes his mitts.  Speaking of practice, those mitts were excellent practice for something else I have in mind...heh.  

2 comments:

  1. Toby sounds like fun :o)

    No point in making something that stresses you. Why not make something small, that you'd enjoy and could finish quickly, perhaps to put by for a birthday or Christmas gift for someone? Or something for yourself! You always seem to be making things for others, what about a nice item for yourself? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toby is a great deal of fun. Amuses me greatly when he's around.

      To be honest, I often feel guilty making things for myself. I'm not sure why that is. But I'm thinking about it. We'll see what the muse comes up with, shall we?

      Delete