Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Another One

One of my lovely, wonderful coworkers shared her big news today: she's expecting!  She was so cute about it; had this big plan to go to her appointment tomorrow, where she's getting her first sono, and then just bringing in the pictures.  But she couldn't contain her excitement anymore and shared today.  Of course, upon hearing the news, you know what my brain did.

Yeah, you guessed it.  Started planning a baby blanket!

Baby isn't due until September so I have plenty of time and I swear, this time, I'm not going to wait until the last possible second to get it finished.  I'm sure we'll be throwing her a shower when it gets down to it; it's an office full of women, what else would we do?  So, I'll have a solid deadline to work for.  I'll get started on that in a few months...it'll probably take me that long just to figure out what pattern to use!  You know my muse; she can be a fickle bitch.  I want to do something fun and original, something I haven't done before, so we'll see what I can find.  Or come up with.  Something to think about when I get bored anyway.  Not knitting though, takes too long.  

And of course, I have to make something.  I can't give her a store bought gift.  For one thing, that's just not me.  What I do is make blankets (and other things) and give them to people.  And for two?  She's seen the other things I've made and I feel like she might be slightly disappointed if she doesn't get a handmade gift, too.  But that's OK, because that's what I do.

And yes, I am aware that what I don't need is yet another project on my plate.  But really, after Sis's 'ghan, I don't have anything in the works that needs to be done.  Just things I have in my brain that I want to do.  So, Sis's blanket and then a baby 'ghan.  

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome Kris. A handmade gift is wonderful. One of my faves was a blanket knitted by a friend. So great you have this talent. I'm good at gift certificates lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really just a way to feed my obsession...but yeah, most people really appreciate it. I do gift certificates too...but only to Krafts by Kris.

      Delete
  2. Have fun searching out and planning the pattern, colours and yarn for the baby blanket. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure fun is exactly the right word ;). Most of the process I enjoy, yes, but sometimes it get very irritating and annoying. But I'll certainly try!

      Delete