Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Long Week

Isn't it weird how days have a feel to them?  It's very common for us to say "it feels like Friday" on a day not Friday. This week, both Wednesday and Thursday felt like Friday to me. On top of that, time has a feel, too. It's feels later than it is or it feels like more time has gone by than it really has. Of course, the opposite is also true. Time sometimes flies by and suddenly it's hours later than the last time you looked at the clock. Or it's already Thursday and you have no idea where the last three days have gone. But this past week, even though it had the same amount of days and hours as weeks previous, it felt much, much longer. 

Of course, part if that is the rough time I had. I wanted the week to be over so it seemed to take longer than it really did.  At any rate, I'm very, very glad the bulk of the week is over and I have a couple of weekend days to decompress. I need those days sometimes, the decompression days, desperately. I don't have anything I have to do, anywhere I have to go. After last weekends busyness, I'm very glad about that. My intent is to spend solid time with the yarn and finish Toby's mitts. I think that I can get it done. Maybe not the whole thing today, a nap will most likely happen this afternoon, but I've reached that point in the project that makes me desperate to get it done. And even though the dreaded SSS is making me not want to do the second mitt, once I make myself get it on the needles, I'll be able to work. Of course, if his hands weren't so damned long, it'd be easier because I wouldn't have to far to go. The only good thing is that, when I was making the first one, I was figuring it out as I was going along. Now that I've done it once, it should go a bit faster because I just have to follow what I did before. And remember to make the thumb on the other side!

Side note?  Remember last month when I said I got some exciting news?  I think sometime this week, I'll be able to tell what it is and talk about it a little. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, our perception of time is very peculiar. I remember when I was a child half a day was a long, long time and now the time between one Christmas and the next seems shorter than that childhood afternoon! Weird.

    Sounds like you need to chill out this weekend. Here's hoping next week at work will be better than this past week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that summers used to seem to last forever and Christmas was always so far away. I think our perception of time changes as we get older. And speeds up for some odd reason! :)

      Thanks very much for the good wishes! *hugs*

      Delete