Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Easily Amused

I am very easily amused. The little things make me laugh or smirk or giggle. I think this is a good thing, that I can get joy from the smallest of things.  I still giggle over a chair accidentally named Trish and my favorite joke, that never fails to make me laugh like a fool is: What's long and green and hangs from tress?  Answer: Giraffe snot!

After my bad day yesterday, I came home to a package, as I said. It was a computer program that, when I tried to load it, wasn't compatible with my OS. I started to get down again, knowing I had to spend more money to update the system. But as I told the BFF about my woes, she told me I was wrong and walked me through a free update that I should have done already. The program works, is hella fun, and the BFF rocks. Joy. 

And the Toby tried on his mitt and it fits perfectly. He really likes the thumb the way it is, Sis calls it a thumb sleeve, and doesn't want me to change it so I won't. He also wanted to keep the mitt. And was pouty when I told him he had to give it back. I smirked and said he could have one now OR two later. He hung his head and handed back the mitt with a very amusingly petulant, "two later, please."  More joy. 

I have to go into work in a minute. I know it's gonna be fine but I really just wanna be home and curled up with a book. So I'm going to hang on to the lingering joy and try to find all the little amusing things that will help the day pass. 

2 comments:

  1. I’ve got a joke! I’ve got a joke!

    What goes OH, OH, OH! Answer: Santa walking backwards. LOL.

    I hope things have been better at work today. Anyway the weekend is ahead, plenty of time to... get Toby’s other mitt finished! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Alder! That's my kind of joke and it made me giggle at my desk. Much better today and very happy to be heading on home. Will read a bit tonight, and then I promise, yarn this weekend and pics posted!

      Delete