Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Saturday

I was going to go shopping this morning, for yarn of course, and spend some of those gift cards, but I got lazy.  And I had a stern talking to, from myself, that with all the yarn that I have in the stash right now, it really wasn't smart.  I did, however, make a copious list of yarns and accoutrements that I will need to purchase once I actually get to the store.  You know how I love my lists.  I'm in need of some bigger safety eyes and also some felt.  And yarn, of course!

I'm going to have another go at the yarn/movie/nap plan.  I'm going to start that baby blanket.  I need to get it done and out of the way so that I can move on to other things.  I think I have enough yarn to finish it, but of course, I'm not certain.  For a moment I dithered as to whether or not I should start it without getting more to make sure it all matches.  But I have about four or five random skeins of baby yarn from over buying in the past.  They don't match, it's not like I can use them together, but it illustrates the problem.  I keep buying new yarn for each project and then I have left overs.  I have two skeins that match.  I'm crossing my fingers it will be enough.  I really need to find an acceptable stash busting project!

Sis's blanket is still not anywhere close to getting done.  Her birthday was only two months ago.  I still have another eight months before I get worried...lol.

Anyway, I'm going to walk away from the computer, spend the morning with the yarn and then take a nap.  And when I wake up, I'm gonna try that paying attention to a movie thing without any interruptions.  Spell Break part the fifth is ready to go but the characters are still talking, which is good.  I might end up jumping back in that world later tonight/tomorrow and writing some more.  

I'll let you know how it goes.

  

4 comments:

  1. I hope your day is going according to plan this time. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. I'm just about to enter the nap portion of the program...so far, so good! ;p

      Delete
  2. I just picture your To Be Yarned pile of yarn like the equivalent of a To Be Read pile of books. Like we might run out and have to be ready for a dry spell lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh heh heh. To Be Yarned...I love that! And you have to be ready for the apocalypse. Enough books and yarn to keep you occupied!

      Delete