Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Breakfast For Dinner And That Darn Yarn Muse

So, after work yesterday, I go to the grocery store with the intent of getting the makings of pasta salad and sammiches.  That tricksy grocery store.  They had the watermelon right up front, taunting me.  So, I think, that'll make a nice dessert and I put one in the cart.  And then, more taunting, with the strawberries and blackberries and raspberries and blueberries...immediately, without much thought, I decided we were having french toast and fruit for dinner instead.  I added a pineapple and I knew there were bananas at home already.  I got some whipped cream.  And orange juice.  And bacon.  Yeah, y'all should have been at my house for dinner last night.  It was awesome!

Izzy thinks she's going shopping this weekend for all the stuff for the wreath.  I know as soon as I have it in my hands, I'll drop everything else and do that instead.  It's a quick and easy project, so there's that almost instant gratification thing.  And the fact that I figured it out all on my own makes me very excited to do it.  

But, of course, I got all this yarn, remember, and now the muse wants to do seventy different things at once.  I know I need to work on the kindle cover because that has a real and true deadline.  But...

I've been working on the baby blanket instead.  I started with the "girl" color because I like that color better and one of our other coworkers insists that It's going to be a girl.  I don't know how she can tell, mom-to-be hasn't even really started showing yet, but she's eerily creepy about things like that.  So, we'll see.  Her sono is Tuesday and, as long as baby cooperates, we'll know.  I'm working it on the diagonal.  You start with four stitches and increase every row until you have the width you need, and then you decrease back down until it's four stitches again.  It's still fun right now because  it grows a bit with every row.  When I get to the middle, I know I'll get tired of it, but then you start decreasing so each row has less and less stitches.  Sot it's the middle third I'll be like "can I just be done already" about.

So, I've done that for the last three nights, instead of the Kindle cover.  But I have, dare I say it, plans to work on the Kindle cover tonight.  

Oh, and I'm not going to work tomorrow.  But I'll talk about that tomorrow.  :)  
  

4 comments:

  1. That all sounded really healthy - until you added in the whipped cream. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And not just a little whipped cream either...but hey, at least I got the light version. There were a couple less calories! :)

      Delete
  2. I love breakfast for dinner like omelettes especially! I could live on watermelon & raspberries the rest of my life, no problem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my guilty pleasures. I like pancakes made from scratch a lot, too. And for me, it's watermelon and strawberries. :0p

      Delete