Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Spring Clean

It makes sense, you know?  The whole house is closed up during the winter, to keep the heat in and the snow out, and when it finally gets nice enough to maybe open up a window or two, you want to do it.  And that heater keeping you warm all winter sure makes for a lot of dust.

So, that's what I did for the majority of the day yesterday. The big spring clean.  I opened the window.  I cleaned.  I dusted.  I vacuumed and rearranged furniture and put away some of the bulkier sweaters that I know I won't be using again for a while.  I organized the yarn stash (I have a fuck ton of yarn, by the way.  Not enough of any one thing to actually do anything with it, though.  I really need to find a good stash busting project!).  I changed the sheets on the bed.  

And then I took one of those showers.  You know the kind I'm talking about?  When you've worked hard and you're sweaty and your muscles are achy and you take a really long, hot shower and when you get out you feel like a brand new person?  Yeah, one of those.  It was awesome.

And then I took a nap because I was fucking tired.

Mum's Kindle arrived yesterday, which was a surprise because I didn't expect it so fast, and Sis and I discussed opening it up and getting it all set up and then me making the sleeve/cover and putting it inside for the big presentation.  She would make one of us set it up anyway so this way it's all set up and ready to use when she opens it.  I think I've settled on a pattern and I actually worked up a gauge swatch and figured out how many stitches and rows I'll need.  I'm not big on gauge swatching. I understand the necessity of it but It's irritating to me.  But because I'm not working to an already set pattern, I had to figure out exactly how many I needed.  I triple checked my math.  And fortunately, it doesn't have to be exact.  It just has to be big enough.  But not overly big.  But a few stitches either way is not going to make a big difference.  If it's slightly too large, that's fine.  If it's slightly too small, well, knitting stretches a bit.  

So, now that I've got that all set, it's off to the yarn store to do some shopping.  Because I've got gift cards to spend.  

4 comments:

  1. Hope the yarn store is open this time, you deserve some quality yarn time after all that cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the way you think, lady! And boy did I reward myself because yes, the store was open :)

      Delete
  2. So productive! Enjoy your shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, very much. And now I get to be non-productive for awhile...at least, where housework is concerned!

      Delete