Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Daisy, Daisy

A couple hours of work and this is what you get.  Cute, right?  Even as I was making it, I was about three flowers in, I was thinking I was already bored with it.  Heh.  That's what happens to me sometimes.  Each step of the project, I was already bored after I had completed one flower, one leaf, one row for the base, sewn on one button.  But then, all of a sudden, I had all the parts.  And then I was looking at the parts going, oh dear lord, now I have to put it together.  But like fifteen minutes after that, I was done.  And then I was thinking, that was it?  I'm done?  Huh.

So, April is over, and I'm not quite sure how that happened.  There's a lot swimming in my head right now.  I'm anxious, for very good reasons, and I'm probably going to pretty much be that way, at least part of me, until August.  I did get the acknowledgement email from the publisher...they have the story and it's been routed to the editors for review.  No pretending it didn't happen now.  But it's out of my hands.

I've got two more episodes to write for Spell Break...unless the muse decides it's not done when I think it will be.  And the boys for the second story are talking to me, too.  And at least one of the boys from the third story.  That one is kind of miffed that I don't know any more than how his story starts.  He's being very nice about it and all, but really, he needs to relax.  Because there is much to take place before we even get to his tale and who knows what might happen between now and then.  I sure as hell don't.

Hey, at least they're still talking, right?   

3 comments:

  1. Aw, that is so pretty! Izzy's going to be thrilled with it. That boy from the third story better be wearing overalls! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *snort* yeah, he is. And hey, last night I even figured out why!

      I sent Iz a pic and she did adore it. I'm hoping that she likes it that much in person *crosses fingers*

      Delete
  2. Love the wreath. Just what I imagined.

    ReplyDelete