Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Don't Want To Say No

So, Izzy sends me this message a few weeks ago asking me if I'll make this daisy wreath she found a picture of for her.  I say, sure, but find me a pattern because there isn't one attached to the link (apparently it went defunct).  She texted me the other day to tell me she was sending me home a snack and that she's still looking for a pattern.  

Now, it's pretty straight forward and I figured out how to do the daisy part just by looking at it.  But the leaves were consternating.  Then, as I was picturing it in my head, the yarn brain kicked in.  I found the pic again and zoomed in and looked at it...and just like that, I knew how they had done it.  It all made sense.  So, I told her I figured it out and to get the stuff and I would make it.  

I know, I know, there are already too many things in the pipeline and here is yet another thing that I said I'd do for someone else.  And I could justify it by saying that it won't take very long and that's true, but really, I just didn't want to say no.  Because she's never asked for anything before and she's going to buy the stuff so all it would take is a few hours of my time.  

Plus, it's super cute.

So, yeah, when I get the stuff, I'll whip it up and, of course, share pics.  

5 comments:

  1. I love wreaths. Never thought of a knitted one. Definitely have to see this one! I love that you can figure it out buy looking at it. That engineer brain of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "By" looking. My iPhone needs an editor lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh. Proof reading is essential with that autocorrect. It trips me up all the time!

    The wreath is actually crocheted, so it's easy to see what stitches are used...if you zoom in. The stitches are pretty distinctive. And I've got enough experience now, from painstakingly reading other patterns stitch by stitch, to realize how things are put together. It won't be eactly the same, but my version of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an interesting project. And it's for someone who sends you snacks! You definitely need to keep in with Izzy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! She's an excellent baker and loves to share. So that totally works in my favor. And I'm pretty excited about this...I've never done a project exactly like this before so that's fun.

      Delete