Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

I Feel A Case of the Randoms

My hair is very long, it hangs to my waist, and very curly, a mass of ringlets.  Not quite red enough to be called auburn, I call it reddish brown.  It's also very thick.  If I put it up in a bun right after my shower it will stay damp for three days (my roommates insisted on an experiment in college).  Despite the fact that I won't cut it, and love it to be this long, I can't stand it hanging in my face and 95% of the time, it's up in a ponytail or bun.

Elephants are my favorite animal and I collect them.  I have tons of stuffed elephants; big, little, extra cuddly, puppets.  They make me grin.  My first stop at the zoo is always the elephants, unless they are out in their pasture, and I could stand and stare at them for hours.  They used to give elephant rides, when I was wee, and I'd beg and beg and beg until my father would take me on one.

I got Cushly (my teddy bear and our favorite model) for my tenth birthday from my best friend at the time; she and her brothers all had one like him, but in different colors.  He's had multiple surgeries; his tracheotomy has been closed too many times to count and he also has had back surgery.  He suffers from alopecia and his scars are all keloid.  I've had him for more than twenty years and he still spends every night in my arms.  I can't sleep without him.

Fake cheesy snacks are my kryptonite.  Goldfish, or cheesy chips, or anything like that...if I don't pay attention, I'll eat the whole bag.  

I spend those minutes it takes to drift off to sleep watching entire scenes with my characters play out.  It's like a movie behind my closed lids.  Sometimes, I stop and rewind and "watch" parts again so that I can commit them to memory because I think they are what needs to be written down.  It's in those moments, and strangely enough when I'm in the shower, that I often do my best thinking.  Of course, those are both times that I'm unable to make notes.

Speaking of which...I've talked about my propensity for plot bunnies to attack over the most random things.  What's triggered them in the last couple of days?  A commercial for painters tape, driving behind a truck with a trailer attached filled with lawn care equipment, seeing the guy who delivers the water delivering bread at a restaurant, learning said delivery guy's name is Esteban, and talking to a really nice dude who was a claim service rep at an insurance company I had to call for the job.

Oh, and, as it looks now, there will be 13 total episodes of Spell Break, so there's actually five more episodes.  Yay!

Now that I've babbled on, yet again, about the randomness of me, it's your turn.  If you want to, tell me something random about yourself!

8 comments:

  1. Your hair sounds lovely. I have fine, straight hair, so I've always envied people with thick and/or curly hair. I used to work with someone who liked elephants. I gave her an elephant milk jug for Christmas one year. Looked like this:
    http://www.freshdesignblog.com/2009/11/fun-animal-shaped-jugs/

    I'd like to put in my vote for a gardener MC, please, please, please. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that jug! It's so cute! And I have to admit, I'm rather prideful about my hair. And it's also a bit of a security blanket.

      But Alder, honey, you have got feeding the plot bunnies! You have no idea what's running around in my head right now!

      Delete
    2. correction here: you have got *to stop* feeding the plot bunnies. stop feeding them. *g*

      Delete
    3. I'm thinking shirtless but with bib overalls...*sigh*. But probably no one wears bib overalls these days.
      And, wait! The alder gets poorly and needs a gardener's tender care...

      Delete
    4. Dear God Woman! You just...and now there's...I see...*scrambles off to make notes*

      Delete
  2. I love random stream of consciousness posts. Especially when it shows up in the comments too lol!

    ReplyDelete