Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Dichotomy

I spend a lot of time in my own head.  I over think things.  A lot.

I worry.  I worry about things I can't control and about how I'm perceived by other people.  I second guess the things I say, the things I write, the decisions I make.

I fixate on things I imagine happening.  When things don't happen according to the script, I get disproportionately sad about it.

I don't feel I'm worthy of the praise that I get about things that I've done.

I don't feel worthy.

And yet...

At the same, I'm actually a pretty happy and confident person.  It takes me a very, very long time to feel comfortable in social situations, but once I do, I'm fun and funny.

I'm very affectionate with the people I'm closest to and have no problem expressing my love and gratitude for them.

I take pride in what I do and I like to show things off.

I am well liked, loved even, and I know there are many people who I value that value me right back.

Just like everyone else, I have good days and bad days.  But sometimes I think that I can't really have both sets of emotions.  That I have to either be the first set or the second set.  That I'm really one, and the other is a lie.  That it's just something I'm forcing myself to feel because I think I should.  And I don't know which person I really am.       

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it's an either/or situation. I think we have many aspects to our personalities, and that sometimes we need to gently encourage some aspects and hold back others while at other times we need to do the reverse. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I like the way you worded that "gently encourage some aspects and hold back others" I'm going to hang on to that. ((Alder))

      Delete