Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, June 21, 2013

H.D.T

I started collecting quotes in middle school.

When I was about 15 and of my own volition, I read Walden and fell in love.  Here are some of my favorite quotes by Henry David Thoreau:


"Friends...they cherish one another's hopes.  They are kind to one another's dreams."

"It is never too late to give up our prejudices."  

"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."

"There is no remedy to love but to love more."

"Ignorance and bungling with love are better that wisdom and skill without."

"The heart is forever inexperienced."

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours."

"Dreams are the touchstone of our character."

"Do not worry if you have built castles in the air.  They are where they should be.  Now put the foundations under them."

"How can any man be weak who dares to be at all?"


 

4 comments:

  1. Love those Kris. What wisdom! Have a great weekend!
    You too Alder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He always inspires me. Happy weekend to you, Mary!

      Delete
  2. Great quotes, Kris.

    Have a good weekend both of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I particularly like the one about the castles. That imagery really resonates with me. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete