Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, June 1, 2013

June Again

It somehow became June when I wasn't looking, we're expecting one of the hottest days we've had yet this year (yesterday hit 91, we're only expecting 88 today), and I'll be spending the day with an eight fucking foot thick as hell afghan on my lap.

Ugh.

But I promised.  And even if she'll forgive me if I don't work on it constantly, Sis won't forgive me not working on it at all.  So that's what I'll be doing all day today, watching a marathon of Buffy and knitting until my hands fall off.  Thanks to a link from Alder, I have some great stretches to keep the fatigue in my wrist at bay and I'm sure I'm going to need them.  And I'll dig out the wrist supports, too, just in case.  

I mean, of course I'm going to try to work in a nap because, let's face it, that's what I do.  And I keep telling myself that the more I work on it, the faster it will be done.  But all I can think about is how hot it's going to be and uncomfortably warm it's going to make me feel.  

I guess it's a good thing I have excellent AC. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that is hot. It's been pretty nice here today, though it keeps clouding over, but I think it's about 56F. Good luck with the afghan! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Warner than normal for us this time of year...but we do get this type of weather in July and August. It's the humidity that's the worst though. I'd totally take your weather right now!

      As for the afghan....well, right now I have much hate for it. Hate. :)

      Delete