Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Beyond Spell Break

So, Spell Break is finished.  Anyone with a practiced eye can tell it's a complete story...with maybe room for a sequel.

The first thing you should know is that I love series and sequels.  I'm pretty sure I've talked about that before.  I may have also said that I always end up thinking in sequels as well.  Even when I start an idea with it being a "single title" in mind, it always ends up being more.  I don't know why I even try anymore.  I should just know, going into an idea, that it will end up having other stories following it. 

I knew pretty early on that Liam would end up getting his own story.  So there's you're first teaser.  Those of you who guessed Liam would be one of the next MC's, you were absolutely right.  I also knew who his love interest would be.  Once that guy popped into my head and started talking, I knew that he was perfect for Liam and that that story would come next.  At that point, I really thought there would be just two stories.

But then Alder happened.

So it turned into a trilogy and then the plot points changed a bit and then I had a larger, overarching meta plot.  Which suddenly made some things in Spell Break make better sense to me (though I'm not sure that they do to the world at large).  As it stands now, it's a trilogy.  But there's a niggling in the back of my brain and so I'm not going to say with anything definitive how many stories there will end up being.  I'll write and post as long as there are boys talking to me. 

I will warn you now, however, that the first episode of our next story isn't likely to go up on Monday.  Unless something changes, there's going to be a wee break.  But I promise, not more than one or two weeks.  Some of the plot points are still coalescing in my brain and I need a little more time with them.  It is settling though, so look for the first episode the week after next or, at the very latest, the week after that.

Here's your second teaser: it's called Soul Bond.    

4 comments:

  1. "But then Alder happened." hehehe

    I'm looking forward to the next story. I don't like the sound of the Tribunal, and want to know more about who they are. Especially this Morgan person. (who I thought was a man at first *grin*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just keep laughing, lady. :)

      Heh. I never even thought about Morgan being another gender neutral name. That was just her name! And yes, we shall see what's up with the Tribunal and Morgan. We shall see indeed.

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to catching up. I think it's so amazing how your brain works. And lol on "Alder happened"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in the tab at the top now Mary, so when you get a moment in your busy to read, just go there, find where you left off, and you can read through. I hope you like it!

      And heh. Yeah. Alder is quite good at stirring up the plot bunnies lol!!

      Delete