Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Tante Kris

Somewhere about the 3rd of December, Brub is going to be a daddy.  And that means I'm going to finally get to be Tante Kris.  Tante, for those who aren't in the know, is German for aunt

I gotta tell you, I'm thrilled about the baby.  But, I'll also be honest and say I'm not that excited about the timing.  Brub is definitely old enough to be a daddy, he's older than I am, that's not it.  But he left his job at the urging of his boss to go to law school.  He's doing extraordinarily well, he's super smart and that kind of stuff just makes sense to him.  But he's still got one more year to go.  And the baby, of course, is due right around finals time.  So all of that has me worried.

But baby!

We're mostly convinced it's going to be a girl even though we don't know for sure yet. We just all feel like it's going to be a she.  We've even mostly refer to the baby as she or her.  Not that it matters if we find out it's a boy, of course.

And the best part?  My waiting time gets to be taken up by making baby things!  Yay!  The best part about yarning up the baby items is that they are small so they don't take as long.  I've already got some ideas, thanks to my inspiration a while back about using up the left over baby yarn.  And since it's winter when baby is due, that means hats and sweaters will get a lot of use.  

What I'm really thinking is that my first niece (or nephew) needs a matching layette. Well, at least a hat and sweater.  And a blanket.  Oh and maybe one of those sleepers that has a drawstring at the bottom...

Yeah, I'm going to need to find patterns.

After I finish Sis's afghan, of course.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderful Kris. I think handmade gifts are so special. We called Jason he/she because we didn't know what we were having. Sounded Japanese & very exotic lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I can totally see you doing that! And Brub would definitely appreciate the handmade stuff. In fact, I'm certain he expects it. And I may have been accused of using his kid to feed my yarn addiction...>_>

      Delete
  2. Tante Kris, that sounds so nice. You'll have fun making baby clothes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I really will. Or be frustrated. Probably both. And yeah, I've been a fan of tante for a long time and I told him I really wanted that moniker. He's on board.

      Delete