Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Feelin' Purdy Darn Good

I sent the wreath home with the BFF after the movie the other night and Izzy finally got to see it live and in person.  She sent me a text the next morning to say that she was all tripped out on allergy meds so that she didn't really look at it but when she got home, she'd be all over that.  Later that evening, I got a pic text with the wreath hanging above the bed.  It looks absolutely lovely though I wonder what the boyfriend thinks about the pretty flowers in his bedroom.  She is very pleased with it and so I'm extremely happy.

Laurie, the wise one, was also totally thrilled with her cactus pin cushion.  It was pointed out to me by someone else that he looked like a light bulb and I had to agree, that yes, he did.  I immediately wanted to take it back and do it over but I didn't because she was happy with it and I just need to let those things go.

We've all decided that my coworker is going to have a girl even though we really don't know for sure because the baby was not cooperating when it was time for the sono.  Still, Mom saw her the other day and said it was a girl and I'm not sure how Mom knows these things but she can always tell.  I've never known her to be wrong.  My mom is kinda creepy awesome like that.  With babies on the brain, I want to make a few more hats (I have a couple of different patterns) and a pair of booties (finally found a good pattern!) and maybe, a baby sweater (cardigan style, not jumper style)  but I don't know if I have enough on hand yarn for that.  I'll have to go check the stash again (it's currently living in the attic so I have some more space) and see what there is in there.  

I helped a friend of a friend with her knitting the other day, too.  And was flattered when I found out she brought it to work simply because she was hoping that I would help her figure out where she went wrong because she had no one else to ask. Seriously flattered by that.  I had helped her once before (maybe twice?) and when she got lost and scared to go back, she thought of me, even though we really don't know each other.  I don't know how I became an expert, despite pretending and teasing that I am, but I knew what to do to help her fix it.  I absorb stuff, what can I say?

12 comments:

  1. What! Someone insulted that cute cactus!!! Hmph!!

    It's nice that you are sharing your skills. And you'll be doing the same thing at work after you've done your training course. Sounds like you'll enjoy that too.

    And what's this about not having enough yarn?! I thought the whole idea of doing baby clothes was to use up yarn you already had, not make you think you have to go and buy more! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. He is pretty cute, huh? I don't know if it was exactly an insult...but people need to use their imagination.

      I always want to buy more yarn. But yeah, I'm trying not to. If I don't have enough then I probably just won't make everything that I wanted to. No more buying...at least for a while :)

      Delete
    2. By the way, I noticed Mary gets a shout out in Amy Lane's Blog -

      "The smiles are real-- I LOVED meeting people here. Kat "The Book Tart", Jessie Potts "The Book Taster" and her COHORT IN CRIME MARY GREZNIK" (my capitals).

      That's our Mary isn't it? Now I picture her in a striped sweater, black eye-mask, and a bag marked "SWAG" over her shoulder!!

      Delete
    3. That is our Mary! Mary Calmes also have her a shout out as well on her blog. I'm pretty sure Amy spelled her last name wrong though, lol. And we already knew she was delightful, it's nice to see others appreciating her too!

      Delete
  2. Hi Girls! So you're talking about me in front of my back lol! First of all, I loved that the pin cushion looked like a light bulb. It's adorable! Secondly, Alder's right. You're going to be great at the training too. You must have a knack if she came back for help. Not everyone that does can show someone else.
    Yes that was me at RT having fun immersed in the world of books. Here's a link to my last report. Btw, I was late meeting Jessie for lunch. The restaurant stopped serving at 2pm. Both Jessie & Mary shared their lunch so I'd stay. That was the first time meeting them & Amy. That's the kind of good people they are. The last paragraph of my report says it all. ((Hugs))

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/happyeverafter/2013/05/05/rt-booklovers-convention-2013/2136259/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were totally talking about you, but it was good things so it was ok. I do feel very lucky to not only be able to learn but also to teach.

      I loved reading your reports...insiders view! And I'm so glad you had a good time and got to hang out with some obviously wonderful people'

      Delete
    2. You met some amazing authors there, Mary! And it sounds like you had a good time. But do tell, did you get a big sack of swag? :o)

      Delete
    3. Totally jealous of the author Mary met. Like by a lot!

      Delete
  3. Yes Alder, there's so much swag. On signing in, you get a tote with a few books, bookmarks, pens, cover art magnets, cover plates, sticky notes, lip balm and all manner of advertising that says "notice me!" including a yellow condom lol - I didn't keep that btw! You can't possible carry it all home. This doesn't include the additional stuff in gift bags from various events. The Carina Press bag included a USB stick with 15 books on it. I kept that as well as a writing pad! As well there's the stuff you may choose for yourself from promo alley which is long tables set up, 2 feet of space per author, for swag they want to put out but don't have enough to fill 1500 bags. I'm going to Lori Foster's next. If there's something you want let me know and I'll send it to you. We're driving so it's not so bad taking stuff home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh! It sounds amazing! You definitely needed a big sack! :) Are you home safe and sound, now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I got home Monday around noon. Hubby took the day off so that was nice.

    ReplyDelete