Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Perils of Yarning

I've known for a while that I've been working on a case of carpal tunnel syndrome in my right wrist. I'm right handed and I'm on a computer all day at work, I write a lot if my notes long hand, and I crochet and knit.  My wrist gets a lot of work. 

I've made a lot of things lately and I've loved every second of it. But as a result, my wrist is very achy, I've had the tingles at times, and a bit of numbness. For about 2.5 seconds, I considered giving my wrist a break. But I dismissed that immediately. I can't not craft. I can't not write. 

So, I'm pretending it isn't giving me issues. If I ignore it, if I power through, it'll go away. 

Right?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, poor you. Did you see this link that was on 'Stumbling over Chaos' a few weeks ago?

    http://knitfreedom.com/being-a-knitter/top-5-stretches-for-knitting-pain-relief

    Pain can be very tiring, give the exercises a try. *hugs*


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed the link...and weirdly, though I'm very concious of health related things, it never occurred to me about stretching! You think I would have thought of that! I'm going to try those stretches. Thanks for looking out for me :) *hugs back*

      Delete
    2. **update** holy crap, those stretches are awesome! They made my wrist feel sooooo much better. Thanks Alder!

      Delete