Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What's Going On...

Sis called me into her room the other day to show me that she had to use two blankets to cover up.  One was the Denver Avalanche (she's a hockey fan and that's her team) fleece blanket I got her for Christmas like five years ago.  The other was last year's birthday afghan that I finished 11 months late on New Year's Eve.  But it's okay, she told me.  Because when she gets her new ginormous blanket, she'll be able to cuddle in that.  I walked out of the room.

My computer is being very well behaved!  I don't know why it did what it did and I'm still keeping an eye on it, but now that it's back, I'm realizing how very much I missed it even when I was happy to be yarning like a fiend.  I have a sneaking suspicion I'll be scheduling computer time and yarn time in the future.  I have much to accomplish on both fronts.

I started Soul Bond and the boys are still talking to me, which makes me happy.  Liam and Jared are turning out much naughtier than Jason and Kelly were.  Except I'm sort of missing the middle.  I know what happens immediately next.  I know the naughty bits.  I know the end.  I'm missing something in the middle.  They'll hopefully tell me before too long.

I planted the front garden on Sunday.  Always a pain but I love it when it's done.  The little kids from next door came over to see and the older girl told me where I should put some flowers.  I planted them there because I didn't have the heart to say no even though it messed up my symmetry a bit and my color scheme.  Not like anyone notices that except me.  And I got some weed preventer/plant food stuff and put that down too.  And mulch.  I'm hoping that the weeding will be at a minimum this year.  I'll probably put up a pic of it later this summer when the flowers have plumped up and the leaves have spread out a bit.  Right now, it's looking a little thin. 

So...that's what going on with me. What's going on with you?

3 comments:

  1. “I walked out of the room.” LOL.

    Nothing much happening with me - working, walking & reading. Waiting for the new Nalini Singh psy-changeling novel, waiting for the next Soul Bond episode….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to hear about nothing else but that blanket until it's done. It's already grating on the nerves :)

      Big grin and big hugs for your waiting comment. But what's this other series you're talking about? Sounds interesting!

      Delete
  2. The Psy-Changeling series? They are M/F paranormal romance. There are 3 species - Humans, the Psy - who have psychic powers, and Changelings - who are shape-shifters. Good stuff! I only started reading them last year, and I've been reading them all out of order but I'm up to date with them now. The new one, volume 12, come out on the 6th June.

    ReplyDelete