Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Race For The Cure

By the time this goes up, I'll already be at the fair grounds to work the booth at the local Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure

I work for a company that does diagnostic imaging, MRI's to be specific, and one of the services we provide is Breast MRI's.  They allow for better imaging than just a mammogram, if you have dense breast or have had breast cancer or a very strong family history.  So, we have a booth set up at the local Race for the Cure.

A few hours of my day, passing out freebies and answering questions, is not too much to ask for a very worthy cause.  I have had one aunt and two cousins fight this disease and win.  I had another aunt who was in her eighties when the lump was found and lost the battle.

So that's how I'll be spending my morning, giving back a little.

And then, after a nap, more yarn. 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. I hope you have a nice relaxing time afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freebies + women = crazy. But it was a good time! What was particularly awesome was seeing thousands of women in the pink survivor shirts. It was worth the getting up at 5:30 on a Saturday.

      Delete