Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

More Yarn

For the first time in my life, I went to a yarn store, spent three and half bucks and only came home with one skein of yarn.

"More yarn?!" you admonish, shaking your head in disbelief.

Well, yes, but hear me out.  Sis wanted to go and I said we could as long as she promised not to spend a long time there.  And it was the store at which I had bought the baby yarn a few weeks ago.  Remember the star shaped baby blanket in the "boy" colors?  I very much wanted to do another round around because I thought it needed to be just a wee bit bigger.  And I thought I had enough yarn.  But in actuality, I was literally about four stitches short.  No matter how I tried to finagle it, I couldn't get it to stretch far enough to finish the round.  So I ended up ripping that round out and finishing it off.  But I still think it needs to be just a wee bit bigger.  So I got one more skein of that colorway and I'm going to add another round.  I may actually have enough for two more rounds, which would be ideal.  But I'll settle for one.

So, I'll quick work that up, crocheting that on won't take but a short amount of time, and then I think I'll knit.  Knitting is sort of dominating my crafting mind right now.  I have a few things in mind that I'm not ready to talk about yet.  Mostly, I just want to play and see what I come up with.  

But coffee first. 

2 comments:

  1. That was a baby blanket! I didn't realise it was that big. Just gone back to look at the photo and realise I should have going by the number of floor boards it covers! You really did a lot of stuff last weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. You're not the first person that thought it was a doily or something. It wasn't till later I realized the pic didn't quite show it. But I like your floor board measuring system! I did do a lot, and I'm crossing my fingers for a repeat this weekend!

      Delete