Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Monday, August 26, 2013

All The News That's Fit to Print

All right, let's see.

I spent the bulk of Saturday babysitting and wishing for a nap...and wishing the kids would fall asleep too because they were so tired but they were fighting it.  Eventually, they did fall asleep for the last three or so hours, it was all quite on the western front. Sometimes, that's my favorite part of babysitting.  I enjoy adorable children doing adorable things and I always have fun playing.  But when sweet little babies are taking sweet little naps and they are quiet and cute at the same time?  Yeah, that's good.

After they left, I decided I couldn't give my cousin the shawlette.  I'd been hemming and hawing about it since i finished it.  Because it was so much smaller than I thought it was going to be.  So, I decided at about five o'clock I had to do something else.  For the next seven hours, I unraveled the shawlette, working off of that as it unraveled, and made it into a long rectangular wrap instead.  It can be used as a scarf or wrap 'round the shoulders and fastened with the shawl pin.  At midnight on the dot, I finished it, washed it, and blocked it out on the floor.  It was dry in just enough time for me to unpin it, fold it up, stick it in a bag and walk out the door.  The party, though filled with people, was a lot of fun!

Soul Bond is finished!  So there's that.  The next one will be start...at some point in the near future.  I'm not exactly sure when.  And I haven't settled on a title yet.  So you don't even get that as a teaser.  I will say that Kelly's mysterious packet plays a roll.  As does Daniel.  

And now for my big huge news!  It's had a week to settle so I feel a little more solid and less like it's a dream.  Dreamspinner Press has picked up the short story that I submitted to them and it will be a part of this year's Advent Calendar Anthology.  I couldn't believe it when I got the email.  There's a part of me that still can't.  I don't have any big details yet, other than that it will be available December 1st with all the other stories.  When I have them, I'll post them up.  Deal?

So that's what's going on in my world.  What's going on in yours? 

5 comments:

  1. How can anything I say compare to news like you getting published?? It's funny because although I shouldn't be surprised, it's wondrous news and I'm so thrilled for you! The best kind of "told ya!" Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Mary. We posted at the exact same time!

      Delete
    2. It's an I told you so I don't mind hearing. Thanks Mary! And hugs!

      Delete
  2. Well you know how I feel about your huge news - absolutely thrilled for you!!!

    You had a busy weekend! Well done on making the shawl a wrap and getting it all done JUST in time.

    My weekend was a lot lazier though I was out walking yesterday - mostly through woods. There are a lot of colourful toadstools about and the heather is in bloom and though the day started off a bit misty it got warmer as the day went on so it was very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was busy. But also fun. Well, mostly anyway :) Thanks again Alder!

      Delete