Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Another Birthday!

No matter how old I get, Brub is always older.  Just about 19 months, actually.  Though he would get specific and say 18 months and 19 days older.  I like to point out that, for the next six months and 19 days, he's two years older than me.  

Happy birthday Brubby!

I was going to make him a dead chicken.  Which, actually, is not as morbid as it sounds.  Okay, it is, but there's a point.  See, there's this German folk song, Mein hahn ist tot, that, with enough goading, he'll sing to us.  It's about how the rooster is dead.  And there's this running joke with him, where he puts the word chicken into songs.  So those two things combined make a dead chicken.  But I couldn't find a free pattern for a chicken I actually liked or that didn't look ridiculous, and when I tried it on my own...well...It looked wrong.  Just wrong.  So I went shopping instead.  And when the box from  ThinkGeek arrives, he'll open it and that will be his wrapping, too.

Let me tell you about my Brub. He's super, wicked smart.  His brain is an amazing place.  He's fluent in German and Spanish.  He's the grammar police.  He is a Fullbright scholar and spent the year after he graduated from college in Germany.  Then he went to grad school and got his Master's in public policy.  Then he worked for the State legislature for a few years.  Then he quit his job to go to Law school.  He'll graduate in May, take the Bar Exam in July, and find out in October that he passed (which I have no doubt he'll do).  He's been my best friend since I was born.  He's a bit absentminded and a little selfish, but he never means to be.  He's hysterical and frequently makes me laugh so hard my face hurts.  He talks really fast.  He's going to become a father in December and I am absolutely certain that he will be amazing at that as well.  I call him Brub (obviously) and he calls me kiddo.  I'm very lucky to have him in my life.

Happy birthday again, Brub!  Love you like pancakes.      

2 comments:

  1. "Love you like pancakes." LOL

    Happy Birthday, Brub!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I totally stole it from an episode of Angel. But it's very fitting!

      He says thank you, btw!

      Delete