Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Shawlette

All right.  Here it is.  It actually turned out smaller than I thought it was going to be so it's really more of a shawlette.  But it's enough to go 'round her shoulders and it is warm.  And check out that shawl pin!  Sweet right?  It's actually reversible...there's a different design on each side of the circle.  So that's a fun thing, she can pick which side, the flowers or the leaves, she likes better.

So, yeah, I definitely know now that I don't want to make Auntie's shawl this way.  I will find a different technique.

It was a fun experiment and I'm glad that I tried it, but the big problem was, because it was worked top down, I couldn't really see the whole shape of it and measure it for size because the long sides were always scrunched up on the needles.  It made things difficult.  So I know that next time, I will not be working it that way.  And I'm thinking that I'm going to make hers a different shape.  I can understand why others like to make shawls with this sort of pattern.  But it's not for me.

Aw shucks, I guess I'm going to have to spend a bunch of time looking at patterns.  :)  

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty, and I like the pin, how clever that it has two different sides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the pin a lot. But I'm having big time second thoughts about the shawl because it's so small. I don't know if I'm going to give it to her now...

      Delete
    2. What will you do instead? Is it this weekend that's her birthday? Will you still give her the pin with something else?

      Delete
    3. I'm not sure. I think I can get a pair of fingerless mitts done with the time that's left...I have until noon on Sunday. If I go with that option, then I'll save the pin for something or someone else. We'll see.

      Delete
    4. Good luck with whatever you decide - you really will have to knit like the wind. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the shawl, and anyone would love to receive it. If you want it bigger, you could always add a ruffle or just add rows around the whole thing. and of course some more bling just for kicks. xoxoxox see you later today. CS

    ReplyDelete