Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, August 16, 2013

Knit Like the Wind!

After careful consideration, and some discussion with Sis, I made a decision about what to make for my cousin.

Remember last week when I showed off pics of my works in progress?  And there was that shawl I had started, just to play with the yarn and the pattern?  I wasn't making it with anyone in mind so I figured I'd keep it for myself once I completed it.  Yeah, nope.  I'm going to work my ass off and get it finished by next weekend to give to my cousin.  

Now, it's all done in garter.  And I can be pretty fast doing just that.  But still, there's a lot to be done so there's no lolly gagging for me.  The only thing I'm worried about is no having enough yarn to finish it off once I'm done.  So I have to pay close attention when I get towards the end of the last ball so that I'm certain I have enough to bind off all the stitches.  

I even ordered a shawl pin!  I just hope it arrives in time.  I can always gift it to her later of course, but I'd really like to have the whole thing before I wrap it up, you know?

Anyway, I'll be knitting like crazy.  And with the weekend I'm going to have, I'm sad to say that might mean I don't finish Soul Bond before Monday.  But don't fret!  The remaining episodes will all still go up next week, and I will endeavor to get the first one up Monday, but if that doesn't happen, check back later in the week.  Worst case scenario is they go up Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.  Okay?

I have my time budget and it should all be okay.  I think.  

  

2 comments:

  1. "some discussion with Sis" Hmmm, I have a picture of her stamping her foot and saying "No way are you starting something else before my afghan is done!!" And you hastily saying "OK, I'll just finish this shawl I've already got started and give her that." :D That shawl will be a lovely gift, especially with a shawl pin. I went back and had a look at it, it's a gorgeous shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You're not far off. She said, "you can finish my blanket for her birthday, and then give it to me." But she helped me then decide that it would probably be faster to finish the shawl then start something new. And yes, I'm a big fan of the color. I think she'll really like it.

      Delete