Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

We're Going to The Zoo

Today's agenda: take a houseful of children to the zoo.

We've got a 14 year old who's too smart for her own good but a really lovely human being.

A 10 year old who thinks it's amusing to act like a spazz.  When we tell him to calm down he says okay with a gleeful smile on his face.  Then counts to ten in his head and decides that he's been calm long enough. 

A 9 year old we affectionately call Sis's barnacle.  I swear if that girl could permanently attach herself to Sis she would.  She also has an amazing sense of imagination and whimsy and is often off in her own world.  

A 21 month old who is a complete and total angel...for everyone except his mother.

And a 7 month old who is an absolute love bug.

Now, I love the zoo.  And we've got a good one that has exceptional exhibits and does a lot of enrichment.  And we've often gone as a group of adults and enjoyed ourselves immensely.  But there is something about going with kids and seeing it through their eyes that makes the enjoyment so much greater.  So I'm very much looking forward to it.

And afterwards, I have no doubt I'm going to be in great need of a nap.

2 comments:

  1. Lol. Yes, you'll definitely need a nap but with a houseful of kids I doubt you'll get one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back now after a lovely time. And while the littlest ones are napping and the older three are settled with their respective electronic devices, I've snuck off for some alone time. I probably shouldn't nap, just in case, I'm in the quiet with my yarn. And that's nearly as good. :)

      Delete